Dowsil 786 Sealant is a single-component, ready-to-use silicone rubber sealant. The sealant adheres to many surfaces, such as porcelain, cultured marble, painted areas and glass, without the use of a primer.
Cured Dowsil 786 Sealant is mildew resistant and is available in white, translucent white, almond, grey and clear. Dowsil 786 Sealant is compatible with most substrates. However, adhesion and compatibility should be evaluated in each instance prior to use.
- Dowsil 786 Sealant is designed to seal nonporous surfaces around showers, tubs, sinks and plumbing fixtures where conditions of high humidity and temperature extremes exist. Typical applications include:
- Sealing around shower-tub enclosures, tubs, sinks, urinals and whirlpools
- Sealing around bathroom fixtures
- Waterproofing rimless sinks
- Ceramic tile grouting
- Conforms to BS 5889, Type B.
- Meets the U.S. FDA 177.2600 and NSF 51
- Safe for repeated food contact.
- Highly resistant to mildew and mould growth.
- Joint movement capability +/-25%
- Excellent adhesion to most non-porous surfaces.
- Fast cure.
- One-part, acetoxy-cure silicone rubber sealant
- Contains an antimicrobial